Why Place a Clinical Trial in Iowa?
The University of Iowa Division of Sponsored Programs is dedicated to facilitating the process of contract preparation, negotiation, and execution. Our office streamlines industry-sponsored clinical research by negotiating contracts with industry contacts, liaising with investigators, providing expert knowledge, and coordinating with our Institutional Review Board and with Western IRB.
- World-class health care center
- Experienced investigators and coordinators with many years of service
- University of Iowa IRB which meets weekly
- Use of Western IRB for most industry-sponsored clinical trials
- Clinical Trials Office committed to fostering industry-sponsored research
- Stable patient population
- Only academic medical center in Iowa
Visiting the University of Iowa
We welcome visits from industry research managers and medical personnel. Such visits are an excellent opportunity for us to get to know each other, and to establish a group of contacts for initiating future clinical trials. With notice, we will be pleased to set up meetings with our investigators and to arrange a tour of the facilities. Call or email us to set up a date.
Learn More About Our Resources
Please see our resources to learn more about the investigators, coordinators and facilities available at The University of Iowa.