The University of Iowa subscribes to several databases for information on funding opportunities. All databases are fairly intuitive but none is all-inclusive. You may search each database by keyword and additional fields such as type of award, type of project, etc. All databases include easy-to-use "Help" links.
If you are a graduate or professional student, please see Graduate and Professional Student Resources.
Grant Bulletin - a free online publication of funding opportunities for University faculty, staff and students. Join the Grant Bulletin Listserv to receive new postings each week.
SUBSCRIPTION DATABASES - Pivot
The University of Iowa community can search the Pivot funding database at https://pivot.proquest.com/funding_main. See Pivot User Guide for steps to using Pivot at The University of Iowa. Questions may be directed directed to Aaron Kline firstname.lastname@example.org, (319) 335-4142.
Additional resources to search for funding-related information:
- Sam.gov Contracting Opportunities - federal business opportunities
- Federal Acquisition Jumpstation - links to federal procurement information
- GuideStar: the National Database of Private Organizations - information on U.S. foundations based on data from IRS Forms 990-PF from private foundations
- IowaGrants.gov- current "storefront opportunities"
- Iowa Grants Guide - a database of nearly 700 funders in Iowa or with an Iowa connection
- Chronicle of Philanthropy - offers information for the nonprofit sector; please see the GRANTS link in the upper banner of the Chronicle's home page
- Philanthropy News Digest - news from the world of philanthropy