To ensure a timely and competitive application, you should be aware of certain critical pieces of information when considering a sponsor. Before you begin an application, make sure you know:
Eligibility Requirements of Sponsor
- Tax Status – Must the organization have its 501 (c3) Tax Exempt ID Number from the IRS at application time or award time?
- Organizational Status – Must the organization be an officially incorporated non-profit with a Board of Directors and officially recorded By-laws?
- Qualifications Status – Does the organization meet all other qualifications such as, amount of income received
- Sponsor Priorities
- Timing of Funding
- Amount of Funding
- Stage of Development of the Organization or Program When Seeking Funding
- When is the Preliminary Proposal or Letter of Intent to Apply Due?
- When is the Full Proposal Due – Receipt or Postmark?
- What is the Time Schedule for Review?
- What is the Notification of Result Date?
- What is the Start Date of a Funded Proposal?
- What is the Initial Budget Period?
- What is the Total Project Period?
- Can You Call or E-mail the Program Officer with Questions?
- Will the Program Officer Review Proposal Drafts?
- Will the Program Officer Review Project Budgets?