- PD/PIs now can submit more than one appointment to the Agency in a batch. If any errors or warnings occur, the PD/PI will be able to review the errors and warnings for each appointment. PD/PIs can view their pending submissions by clicking the new “View Pending Submissions” link on the My Grants screen.
- All prior Kirschstein-NRSA support (paper and electronic) that a trainee had prior to the current award, including fellowship grants F30, F31, F32, and F33, now will be displayed on the PHS 2271 form.
- xTrain now accepts appointments for the KM1 activity code (institutional career development awards funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act). xTrain will treat KM1 awards the same way it treats K12 and KL2 awards.
- xTrain’s early termination process has been modified. Now, if a trainee terminates an appointment early, only that appointment, as well as all previous ones, will be terminated with the early termination date. All future appointments, including those in the same budget period, will not be terminated.
- If there is an existing work-in-progress appointment for a trainee, the “Initiate TN” link in the Action column of the Trainee Roster will not display for that trainee.
New Features [NIH eRA Commons software update on 04/23/2010]
- Allows users to update or amend any existing early termination records.
- Renders as “Read Only” the Appointment Period and Amount fields for a Trainee.
- Renders as “Read Only” the following fields on the Manage Appointments screen (for Trainees):
- Appointment Start Date
- Appointment End Date
- Stipend Level or Salary
- Stipend/Salary/Other Compensation
- Tuition/Fees (estimated)
Shows all prior NRSA support (paper and electronic) on PHS 2271 form for a particular trainee.
Lists all prior NRSA support (paper and electronic) on the TN (Termination Notice) form.
Includes all NRSA support under the Other PHS Service Obligation Support section of the PHS 2271 form
NIH Will Require the Electronic Submission of Appointment Forms and Termination Notices via xTrain for Research Training, Fellowship, Education, and Career Awards Beginning January 2011
Click here for the details: NOT-OD-10-072