This is a reminder that NIH updated its Other Support form and instructions to support the need for applicants and recipients to provide full transparency and disclosure of all (foreign and domestic) research activities. The updated Other Support form will be required for applications and Research Performance Progress Reports (RPPR) submitted for due dates on or after May 25, 2021.
Other Support Summary of Changes
- Reorganized to separate funded projects from in-kind contributions.
- Signature block added, for Program Director/Principal Investigator or Other Senior/Key Personnel to certify the accuracy of the information submitted. Each PD/PI or senior/key personnel must electronically sign their respective Other Support form as a PDF prior to submission.
Other Support submissions must be submitted as a flattened PDF, after all signatures are obtained (see Format Attachments for more details). Recipients and applicants may use the electronic signature software of their choice, and in alignment with their institutional practices.
- A typed name is not an electronic signature and is not acceptable.
- A “wet” signature that is scanned is also not acceptable.
The University of Iowa’s preferred electronic signature software is DocuSign. Currently, accounts are available at no charge. To request a DocuSign account, select the Purchasing hyperlink under the How to Obtain section of the following webpage: https://its.uiowa.edu/campus-software-program/docusign. When you select the link, please fill in the department and contact information for the new account(s) being requested. You can also contact both John Watkins and David Stenersen (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions about DocuSign.
Applicants and recipients must maintain supporting documentation to reasonably authenticate that the appropriate individual signed the form. Recipients must make the documentation available upon request in accordance with 45 CFR Part 75.364.
- Other Support submissions that include foreign activities and resources are required to submit copies of contracts, grants, or any other agreement specific to senior/key personnel foreign appointments and/or employment with a foreign institution as supporting documentation. If they are not in English, recipients must provide translated copies. This supporting documentation must be provided as part of the Other Support PDF following the Other Support Format page.
Immediate Notification of Undisclosed Other Support to NIH
If a PI or other Senior/Key Personnel on an active NIH grant failed to disclose Other Support information outside of Just-in-Time or the RPPR, as applicable, they must submit updated Other Support to the Division of Sponsored Programs (DSP) as soon as it becomes known by emailing email@example.com. DSP will then submit this information to the Grants Management Specialist named in the Notice of Award.
- Other Support
- Other Support format page (blank format page, Word) (you may need to right click and open in a new tab)
- NIH is finalizing the SciENcv template for Other Support and anticipates that the template will be available beginning in FY 2022.
- NIH Pre-award and Post-award Disclosures Relating to the Biographical Sketch and Other Support