The University of Iowa (UI) has adopted standard agreement formats for various situations. These model agreements reflect UI policies, State regulations and guidelines recommended by the National Academy of Science Government, University, and Industry Roundtable; the University Industry Demonstration Partnership; and the Clinical and Translational Science Awards Accelerated Clinical Trials agreements. Feel free to use any of the following agreements before or during the collaboration process in order to know the expectations of the University, as well as the working agreement.
For information regarding the types of research related to agreements, as well as the appropriate office to negotiate/approve, click on this table.
- UI Model Sponsored Research Agreement
- UI Model Research Agreement Option 2
- UI Model Agreement Amendment
- UI Clinical Trial Model Contract
- Accelerated Clinical Trial Agreement (ACTA Model Agreement)
- Accelerated Clinical Trial Agreement (ACTA Model Agreement with Annotation)
- Model Confidential Disclosure Agreement (CDA)- UI as Receiver
- Model Mutual Confidential Disclosure Agreement
- Accelerated Confidential Disclosure Agreement (ACDA Model Agreement) [Note: only for industry-sponsored clinical trials]
- UI Model Material Transfer Agreement (MTA)
- Uniform Biological Materials Transfer Agreement (UBMTA) (The University of Iowa is a signatory to the UBMTA)
The associated procedures for the above model agreements are available here.
If you have questions about the appropriate type of agreement for your situation, please contact DSP by email or call 335-2123.