NIH has updated its application forms and instructions to support the need for applicants and recipients to provide full transparency and disclosure of all research activities, foreign and domestic. The updated forms and instructions will be required for use for applications and Research Performance Progress Reports (RPPR) submitted for due dates on or after May 25, 2021. The revisions serve as updates to the Biosketch and Other Support format page templates used as attachments in the current Forms-F application packages and RPPRs. The forms updates do not change the policies for Biosketch or Other Support.
The changes are as follows:
Biographical Sketch Format Page
- Section B "Positions and Honors" has been renamed "Positions, Scientific Appointments, and Honors."
- For the non-Fellowship Biosketch, Section D. has been removed.
- For the Fellowship Biosketch, Section D has been updated to remove "Research Support."
- As applicable, all applicants may include details on ongoing and completed research projects from the past three years that they want to draw attention to within the personal statement, Section A.
Other Support Format Page
- The format page has been re-organized to separate funded projects from in-kind contributions.
- Signature block added, for Program Director/Principal Investigator or Other Senior/Key Personnel to certify the accuracy of the information submitted. Each PD/PI or senior/key personnel must electronically sign their respective Other Support form as a PDF prior to submission.
Full details on the changes, as well as updated format pages and instructions for the Biosketch and Other Support, can be found at NOT-OD-21-073. Of note, during the transition to the new Biosketch format, NIH will not withdraw applications that include the previous Biosketch format. Beginning with applications submitted on or after January 25, 2022, failure to follow the appropriate Biosketch format may cause NIH to withdraw your application from consideration.