Thanks to recent enhancements, University of Iowa investigators may now use their HawkIDs and Passwords to enter NSF’s Research.gov. Research.gov offers a range of grant application and management tools, enabling investigators to learn the status of their NSF applications, view NSF project records, submit NSF project reports, access NSF FastLane, etc.
To log into Research.gov using your UI credentials, simply:
1. Go to the Research.gov homepage at http://www.research.gov/;
2. Select the option to LOGIN AS NSF User;
3. Within the Organization Credentials column, select University of Iowa and click Log In;
4. Enter your HawkID and Password and click Log In;
5. Complete the one-time Activate Account requirement using your FastLane credentials – entering your Last Name, NSF ID, and FastLane Password – and click Login.
A successful login will deliver you to your Research.gov Desktop, with the ability to navigate the full range of system resources.
Over the past years the NSF has been developing its Research.gov system as a single portal for housing research information and grants management services, expecting it to eventually replace FastLane. We encourage our NSF research community to take full advantage of this new, easy access to Research.gov, using UI login credentials to enter and explore this critical, ever-expanding system.
The Division of Sponsored Programs is available to help with any Research.gov question or issue, login-related or otherwise. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 335-2123 if we can assist in some way.