Interested in conducting community-based research? The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) might be interested in YOUR project. Since 2012, PCORI has funded a wide variety of projects and still has hundreds of millions of dollars to award. Don't assume that your research doesn't fit into their mission; in addition to their main opportunities, which range from Addressing Disparities to Communication and Dissemination Research, special opportunities such as Clinical Strategies for Managing and Reducing Long-Term Opioid Use for Chronic Pain arise throughout the year.
There’s expertise on campus to help you apply and succeed – the Division of Sponsored Programs (DSP) and the Community Engagement Core at the Institute for Clinical and Translational Science are at your service. DSP has hands-on experience with PCORI procedures and grant applications. The Community Engagement Core can provide guidance on identifying and engaging patients, caregivers, clinicians, and other healthcare stakeholders in your research activities.
ICTS Community Engagement Core
- training and technical assistance workshops
- one-on-one consultations
- assistance in identifying stakeholders and building partnerships
- advice on establishing research advisory boards
- detailed knowledge of PCORI application requirements
- PCORI proposal reviews
(post-award contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- experience negotiating PCORI contracts, post-award milestone changes
- incoming & outgoing subawards under PCORI contracts
Institutional Review Board/Human Subjects Office
- assistance preparing and submitting HawkIRB applications
- guidance for obtaining the necessary documentation from non-academic partners