Outgoing Subaward Roles and Responsibilities: Division of Sponsored Programs (DSP)
Division of Sponsored Programs (DSP)
Reviews the PReq
- Reviews the PReq and ensures that:
- UI has sponsor approval
- Subaward dates fall within the current funded period
- The Subawardee name, PI and current subaward budget period are specified
- Appropriate attachments are included as needed: Scope of Work, Budget, Subaward Reporting Requirements, Audit Certification and Financial Status Questionnaire
- Enters the requested subaward in the subaward log
- Ad hocs Grant Accounting for PReq review
- Ad hocs Conflict of Interest in Research for PReq review if needed
Drafts and sends subaward
- Drafts the subaward
- Selects the appropriate subaward template and prepares the agreement, incorporating appropriate flow through provisions of the UI's prime award.
- Sends a pdf of the subaward to the subawardee via e-mail
- In the Subaward Log enters the date sent to the subawardee. This triggers an automatic e-mail to the PI and department with a link to the subaward draft.
- Negotiates general administrative terms with the subawardee. Consults with the PI and department regarding questions on the scope of work and budget.
- Monitors the subaward log monthly to follow up with the subawardee if the signed agreement is not returned to DSP.
Logs and Mails Subaward and PO
- Receives the signed subaward from the subawardee
- Confirms completion of the subaward terms and signature
- Enters the date received in the subaward log
- Prepares and approves for the DSP Director's signature
- Scans and uploads the fully signed agreement to the Subaward Log
- Updates the Subaward Log with the date signed by subawardee
- Attaches the fully executed subaward to the PReq
- If the mailing address is different than on the PReq, adds a note to the internal comments box
- Forwards PReq to Purchasing in Workflow
- Upon receipt of the PO, matches the PO with the fully signed subaward
- Adds the PO number to the subawardpdf and saves it to the Subaward Log
- Enters the date sent in the Subaward Log. This triggers an automatic e-mail to the PI, Department Contact, and GAO with a link to the fully signed subaward.