Outgoing Subaward Roles and Responsibilities: Division of Sponsored Programs (DSP)
Reviews the Outgoing Subaward (OGS) Request
- Reviews the OGS Request and ensures that:
- The arrangement is appropriately classified as a subaward in accordance with the definition in 2 CFR 200.92 and UI procedures.
- UI has sponsor approval.
- Subaward dates fall within the current funded period.
- Subaward budget amount and format (including Subrecipient F&A rate and cost sharing, as applicable) are approved by the prime sponsor and within the appropriate limits per sponsor’s policies and the prime award.
- Appropriate attachments are included as needed: Scope of Work, Budget, Budget Justification, Form I (for new subawards), and Form B (Conflict of Interest in Research Form), if applicable.
- Works with the Conflict of Interest in Research office for Form B review if needed.
Drafts and sends subaward
- Drafts the subaward
- Selects the appropriate subaward template and prepares the agreement, incorporating appropriate flow through provisions of the UI's prime award and terms required by the Uniform Guidance, 2 CFR 200.
- Sends the subaward agreement to the subrecipient via DocuSign for review and electronic signature, unless specifically requested by the subrecipient to send via email.
- In the OGS enters the date sent to the subrecipient. This triggers an automatic e-mail to the UI Contacts indicated on the request with a link to the project view in the DSP Research Tracker where the subaward draft is available.
- Negotiates general administrative terms with the subrecipient. Consults with the PI and department regarding questions on the scope of work and budget.
- Monitors the OGS module monthly to follow up with the subrecipient if the signed agreement is not returned to DSP.
Logs and Mails Subaward and PO
- Receives the fully signed subaward via DocuSign.
- Both parties will sign electronically via DocuSign and receive the fully signed subaward.
- Confirms completion of subaward fields and signatures.
- Enters the date signatures received in the OGS record.
- Uploads the fully signed agreement into the OGS record.
- If the mailing address is different than the OGS record, adds a note to the internal comments box.
- Completes OGS record and pushes PO information into Accounts Payable (AP/PO).