Outgoing Subaward Roles and Responsibilities: Grant Accounting Office (GAO)
Draft Subaward Stage
Reviews the OGS Request
- Reviews the OGS Request to:
- Match the budget to the original budget included in the prime award (if applicable.)
- Verifies assignment of accounting master file key (MFK) including verifying institutional account 6230 or 6231.
- Reviews UI Subaward Information Form (FORM I) for audit information and subaward agreement type.
- Closes review in OGS
Completed Subaward Stage
- Verifies that required information has been included on the invoice.
- Verifies total cumulative expenses do not exceed authorized budget.
- Verifies invoice period is within subaward period.
- Determines if $25,000 threshold has been met for IAcct and F&A requirements.
- If over threshold, notify purchasing to adjust IAcct to "not subject to F&A."
- GAO approves invoice for payment and routes to AP processing
- If final invoice, GAO will scan and send via email to department for approval.