Outgoing Subaward Roles and Responsibilities: Grant Accounting Office (GAO)
Grant Accounting Office (GAO)
Reviews the PReq
- Reviews the PReq to:
- Match the budget to the original budget included in the prime award (if applicable.)
- Verifies assignment of accounting master file key (MFK) including verifying institutional account 6230 or 6231.
- Reviews Audit Certification and Financial Status Questionnaire if needed.
- Returns PReq to DSP as “Permitted Approvers.”
- Verifies that required information has been included on the invoice.
- Verifies total cumulative expenses do not exceed authorized budget.
- Verifies invoice period is within subaward period.
- Determines if $25,000 threshold has been met.
- If over threshold, notify purchasing to change IAcct to “not subject to F&A.”
- If final invoice, GAO will scan and send via email to department for approval.
- GAO approves invoice for payment and routes to AP for processing.